1 Year Birthday of the 10-Minute Teacher – Thank you for your support!

Thank you for listening!

From the Cool Cat Teacher Blog by Vicki Davis

Follow @coolcatteacher on Twitter

Thank you so much for your support of the 10-Minute Teacher. The show launched on February 1, 2017 and here we are one year later and 244 episodes! Over 1/2 million downloads in that year! Kip and I were talking tonight and that means that we posted podcasts about 67% of the days last year.

 

Here are some things we’ve done to try to make the show more useful for educators:

  • Every show now has a full transcript. This lets those with accessibility issues or who prefer to read the show notes have access. Each show can be accessed by using the episode number after the blog address. So, today’s show, episode 244, was http://www.coolcatteacher.com/e244/
  • A searchable database of past episodes. Go to the podcast page at coolcatteacher.com/podcast and search for names, topics, and more.
  • Extended Syndication of the Show. In addition to iTunes and Stitcher, the 10-Minute Teacher is on Spotify, YouTubeFacebook,  Tumblr, iHeart Radio, and LinkedIn On Publish. Just follow us wherever you like to listen.
  • Email List for Show Notes. A growing list of educators is getting the show notes in their inbox each weekday. Scroll to the bottom of this post if you want to get them in your inbox.

Guests. Thank you to the guests on the show! It is really a who’s who of who is awesome in education, but we’re still missing some great people and work hard to bring you the best in education. Thank you for those of you who email your suggestions. We read every one of them.

Listeners. Thank you so much to all of you who listen, share, and review the show. All of us who work on the show appreciate you all so much.

Sponsors. Thank you also to the many sponsors who help the show keep going. You’ll hear me thank them each week. Some incredible companies have worked with me and continue to get strong traffic as many “old” shows continue to get many downloads each day.

People who work on the show.

An effort like this takes a team. Each person who helps is part of this work of heart. We’re all passionate and committed to helping teachers create remarkable classroom experiences for children. The show and blog are a passion for all of us. Each person is a living answer to prayer. I’m grateful for their help, wisdom, tenacity, and passion for helping kids by helping their teachers. They all work very hard. Any shortcomings on the show are clearly mine.

  • Kip Davis, Producer. My husband, Kip, is an amazing producer. He comes home every day tired and still makes time to edit the show and give advice.
  • Dr. Lisa Durff, Research Assistant / Executive Assistant. Lisa is my right arm. She vets every guest and sponsor with great tenacity before passing them along to me for consideration. She is also my friend and I appreciate all she does to help me be better. Such a gift!
  • Kymberli Mulford, Transcriptionist and Show Note Editor. Kymberli transcribes every show and helps turn them into excellent show notes with hyperlinks and more. I appreciate Kymberli’s attention to detail.
  • Alan Lipton, Editor. Alan is a fantastic editor. He helps edit many of the pieces on this blog (except show notes) and gives me wise advice. He’s fantastic. When you come across a typo or comma splice, it is on an article I did without Alan’s help because he is a genius behind much of my best work.
  • Dr. Jim Beeghley, Webmaster and Troubleshooter. He’s saved me from hackers and helped me speed up the site when it groans under the traffic. I appreciate his helpfulness and patience with me as I’m always tinkering under the hood.
  • Donna Miller, Home Organizer. Behind the scenes, my dear friend and fellow teacher, Donna, helps me keep things organized on the home front. If she wasn’t in my home to help me, all of this would stop. I’m forever grateful.
  • Susan Davis, Programmer. My daughter is quite gifted at helping tweak welcome mats and has spent several summers helping me with editing, mailing lists, and all kinds of things that needed doing. She consults with me when I fight with things behind the scenes that act up.

Thank you, everybody. I’m so excited that we made it through the first year.

I pray to become a better host, a wiser interviewer, and a more helpful person each day. Truly, I’m blessed so much by all of you.

one year of the 10-Minute Teacher pinterest

The post 1 Year Birthday of the 10-Minute Teacher – Thank you for your support! appeared first on Cool Cat Teacher Blog by Vicki Davis @coolcatteacher helping educators be excellent every day. Meow!



From http://www.coolcatteacher.com/1-year-birthday-10-minute-teacher-thank-support/
via Vicki Davis at coolcatteacher.com. Please also check out my show for busy teachers, Every Classroom Matters and my Free teaching tutorials on YouTube.

Popular Posts