Recklessly Abandoned to Love

Day 10 of 80 Days of Excellence

From the Cool Cat Teacher Blog by Vicki Davis

Follow @coolcatteacher on Twitter

This reckless abandon of showing love to others can feel like you are not showing love to yourself sometimes. Yet it is part of reckless abandon to pour yourself out in love of others when you do not know how to go on. When you are tired. When you can go no more.

“If love is who I am
Then this is where I’ll stand
Recklessly abandoned
Never holding back

I want to live like that
I want to live like that

Am I proof
That You are who you say You are?
That grace can really change our heart
Do I live like Your love is true?”

Live like that by Sidewalk Prophets

Love Costs Something

In times when I am exhausted (like now) I think of King David at the threshing floor where he was stopping to offer a sacrifice after the plague stopped and the owner offered to give him the property and David said

“I will not offer that which costs me nothing”.

And that seems to be what many want to do today. They want to serve others as long as they are not tired. They want to give money as long as they have enough. They want to show up if they have time on their schedule.

STOP!

True sacrificial love can cost us everything!

I am not talking a lack of self- care or namby-pamby martyrdom— I am talking a conscious decision by healthy minded brave adults to give, show up, and do for others when all you want to do is lay on the couch and curl up under a blanket and hibernate for days.

Our Love and Encouragement is Needed

There are certainly times for retreat but not every time and every day. We have children and people who need encouragement. We need a world of brave people willing to be recklessly abandoned to being a pipe full of God’s love to a world that sees too much hurt and pain and wonders who is going to show up.

I cannot do everything and I might not can do much but I can serve my small calling with faith.

I can love kids and parents who wound me and be encouraging to others in my profession even when criticized.

For if we are called, we are equipped. But if we are called, we cannot wait until it is convenient and when we feel like it to show up.

I do not write as anyone who is good or perfect but as one who struggles every single day to show up when all I want to do is give up.

Your Work Matters

I write as one who hopes that this tiny insignificant blog post will remind you that no act of kindness is wasted and that your showing up, giving up, and bucking up MATTERS.

Live your calling, my friends. Be recklessly abandoned to show love to others. Be encouraged that your actions of love Matter.

As for me, I was recklessly loved first so it is a small thing to give the same reckless love to others. And if you knew the truth, you’d realize you are recklessly loved too.

This post is day ten of 80 days of excellence. I’ve created an email list below for those of you want to be emailed the full posts written as part of this series.

The post Recklessly Abandoned to Love appeared first on Cool Cat Teacher Blog by Vicki Davis @coolcatteacher helping educators be excellent every day. Meow!



From http://ift.tt/2Ez3lyV
via Vicki Davis at coolcatteacher.com. Please also check out my show for busy teachers, Every Classroom Matters and my Free teaching tutorials on YouTube.

Popular Posts