12 Brain Rules and a cool slideshare from Garr Reynolds

This is a marvelous post by Garr Reynolds about using the brain in presentations. He has a marvelous slideshare with his favorite quotes from the book Brain Rules: 12 Principles for Surviving and Thriving at Work, Home, and School (Book & DVD) by John Medina.




This is my must read book for the summer, and I just downloaded it to listen to on my ipod. His videos are phenomenal and ready to share via youtube on your school's blog or intranet. (Uhm, another reason to unblock youtube.)

I love this one about the Fallacy of Multitasking -


He says that "the always online organization is the always unproductive organization."

This is why I enjoy and adhere the inbox zero principles from Merlin Mann. Logging into email 2-3 times a day ONLY keeps me focus. I often turn off skype and gtalk as well. And sometimes during my planning period, I even close my door.

The multitasking and constant interruptions as a teacher are probably my biggest obstacle to getting things done!

tag: , , , , , ,

Popular Posts